Total Comfort e-Newsletter
Total Comfort Heat and Air Conditioning, Inc. is a locally owned and operated
full-service heating and air conditioning company serving Volusia and Flagler County, Florida
since 1976. We have since added electrical, plumbing and propane divisions.
We will be updating you on a monthly basis with specials and
important information to keep your home at its best.
Safe & Sound for the Holidays
With our busy lives, we often forget to maintain the things that keep us safe. With all the cooking, accident prone Christmas trees, and candles this holiday season make sure all your smoke alarms are up to date and have good batteries. Check the expiration date printed on the body and be safe this holiday season.
The holiday decorations of the season are up and fully lit. Keep your home and family safe this year and be sure to follow the following basic safety guidelines to help prevent electrical and fire hazards related to the use of Christmas trees.
- If you choose a live tree this year, be sure to check for freshness for a longer good looking tree and to insure less of a fire hazard than a dry tree.
- Cut 1-2 inches from the base of the trunk right before placing the tree in the stand and filling with water to ensure best water absorption. With the warm weather in Florida be sure to keep the stand filled with water by refilling daily.
- If you go with an artificial tree be sure to get one with "Fire Resistant" on the label which indicate the tree is more resistant to burning.
- Be sure NOT to use electrical ornaments or light strings on artificial trees with metallic leaves of branch coverings.
- Place your tree at least 3 feet away from all heat sources,including fireplaces, radiators, and space heaters.
- When trimming a tree, only use non-combustible or flame-resistant materials.
Tips for Safety
Half of all home fires related to decorations are started by Candles.
- Avoid using candles when possible.
- Consider using battery-operated candles in place of traditional candles. For an elegant look and comforting vanilla scent without the worry, try rainbow LED candles. You can find them at Purple Dragonfly Boutique.
- Never leave an open flame unattended. Keep burning candles within sight.
- Place lighted candles away from combustible material such as other decorations and wrapping paper or where they could be knocked over.
- Never use lighted candles on a tree or near other greenery.
- Extinguish all candles before you go to sleep, leave the room, or leave the house.
Give Back This Holiday Season
The holidays can be a tough time of year for many people. 'Tis the season for giving, consider checking with community organizations in your area where you can help others that may not have been quite so fortunate.
Remember our troops that are going to be away from their homes and families. There are several organizations that assist our servicemen and their families. Consider lending your support.
Be sure to check out our new website! We have changed the look and hope you like it.
Adding easier navigation for you to find answers to all your questions.
Can't find the answer? Call us today!
Deland:386-734-8064 - New Smyrna:386-427-3891
Ormond Beach:386-672-8494 - Flagler/Palm Coast:386-427-3891
December 15-16 from 1-8pm
Lilian Place, Daytona Beach. Holiday tours, caroling, music, punch and cookies, meet historic characters, and join the Winedown on the River as we watch the evening Christmas Boat Parade on the Halifax ($5 admission to watch boat parade for non-members) HeritagePreservationTrust.org 386-299-4974
December 15 3-7pm
Downtown DeLand. Live DJ & photos with Santa Claus!
Classic cars & Santa!
December 15 from 1-6pm
Historic Downtown Beach Street, Daytona Beach. This show is great, FREE family entertainment! The festival celebration will feature Warner Christian Academy Velvet Blues Marching Band at 1pm; the 14th Annual Downtown Opry Christmas Reunion featuring Linda Cole, and much more.
7:30pm (Fri. - Sat.),
Daytona Playhouse, Daytona Beach. www.DaytonaPlayhouse.org
386-255-2431 $5 - $10
December 21 from 6-9pm
Bring your friends, family, choir group, or just yourself, and carol along Woodland Boulevard in beautiful historic downtown DeLand! Snowfall on West Indiana Avenue. Bring your voices and spread some holiday cheer! 386-738-0649 www.mainstreetdeland.org
December 23 at 2pm
Cinematique Theater, Daytona Beach. A magician with secrets, an enchanted gift, a guiding angel and a visit through the Land of Snow to the Kingdom of Sweets: it must be the holiday favorite.
December 23 at 2pm
The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. Enjoy family oriented activities and kid's crafts. Visit our lighthouse keeper as he describes his duties at the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. Included with regular admission. www.ponceinlet.org
386-761-1821 ext 18.